20 Reasons Why Bands Don’t Make It (by an A&R man)
Here are 20 common reasons why some artists never make it to the next level written by experienced A&R/Producer Loren Israel. Even if you do not enjoy everything he says, he has been involved in the business enough to speak the truth. However, some of the stuff seems dated by a few years and a little too absolute. Nevertheless, this is still a very useful read for new artists. Check the full article here.
1. Poorly-defined goals.
2. Band members with different goals.
3. Lack of musical focus.
4. Poor work ethic.
5. Waiting to be discovered.
6. Ineffective artist management, or not listening to good management.
7. Working with people who don’t have contacts in the industry.
8. Signing with a label with inadequate funding or poor distribution.
9. Lack of live following.
10. Artist “settles” too much;
11. Poor networking skills.
12. Hanging onto ineffective band members.
13. Dated musical style.
14. Dated image.
15. Lack of radio-friendly songwriting.
16. Bowing to peer or family pressure not to change.
17. Drug or alcohol issues.
18. Spouse / child obligations.
19. Impossible to work with.
20. Not understanding how the industry works.
Unified Manufacturing is an L.A. -based one-stop-shop that offers very affordable CD/DVD/USB replication, custom printing, promotional products, warehousing and fulfillment and many more. If you need an Instant Quote on a project and you want FREE SHIPPING, simply CLICK HERE.