7 Habits of Annoying Artists (Maybe You’re One of Them!)
Most annoying artists do not have any idea that they’re annoying. In fact, they think that people love them. It’s very important to know when you become annoying because not only is it good for your career to change your annoying habits, it’s good for you as a person in general. Here are some ways you can be annoying:
1. HABIT OF SHOWING UP LATE. Are you fashionably late? Do you think nobody would mind if they wait 30 minutes every time you set a meeting or gig or date? Do you think anyone who takes offense if you are late are anal and annoying? If you said yes to any of the following questions, then you, my friend, are one annoying artist. No doubt about it. Being late is one of the sure-fire ways to annoy people. It shows you don’t give a sh*t of other people’s time. Every minute matters to them. Don’t ever think otherwise.
2. ME, ME, ME. Pay close attention to how you talk to other people. Do you talk about yourself (“whew! I had a really busy week”, or “I’m working on a new project” etc) more than you ask others about what they’re up to? You are definitely a self-absorbed person. Which, as we all know, is annoying.
3. PROMOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA EVERY MINUTE. Do you ask people to like your post, buy your album, share your promotion for more than three times a day? Prepare to notice a decline in reach as more and more people hide you.
4. CANCELING SHOWS and events and album launch parties and…you get the drift. Canceling anything you initiated, unless you’re terminally ill, makes you annoying.
5. BEING SO UNTRUSTING. You think everyone is there to ruin your career, put you in a trap, steal your fame. It’s great to be wise with your dealings but don’t guard yourself too much that it would make possible partnerships impossible. There are also good people out there willing to help you. If you’re to wary of other people using you, success will be a long, lonely road for you. Case in point, a filmmaker who won’t give away a DVD screener to a prestigious programmer.
6. ACTS OF DEBAUCHERY ALL DAY EVERYDAY. You are a rockstar, we get it. You are only human, we understand that. But you are a professional, too? You get that too, don’t you? Act like one.
7. THINKING THAT DEPRESSION IS A REQUIREMENT TO ART. There are many artists that think being in miserable situations is the ONLY way to spark inspiration and create great masterpieces. They totally dismiss the idea that you can also achieve the same level of creativity by recalling or imagining or researching. If you think that those people who haven’t experienced the real hardships of the world are lesser artists than you, you are annoying.
Unified Manufacturing is an L.A. -based one-stop-shop that offers very affordable CD/DVD/USB replication, custom printing, promotional products, warehousing and fulfillment and many more. If you need an Instant Quote on a project and you want FREE SHIPPING, simply CLICK HERE.