What Successful Artists Do In Their Free Time
All of us have 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, but why are there others that are very productive even on the weekends? Surely, those people don’t have a life. Contrary to popular belief, they do. They are bursting with life than us mere mortals. They’re actually kind of cheating because their “productivity” is fun. Wonder what successful artists do in their free time? Here they are:
1. REVIEW PLANS AND GOALS. They make a quick review of their goals and check whether their current efforts are geared towards achieving their goals. If they think they’re not aligned to their goals, they could change their plans or reassess their goals. The point is, most successful people try to ask themselves what they’re doing and whether they help them in the long term.
2. PURSUE OTHER PASSIONS. They are ever growing inside out. They want to pursue other passions without going astray from their goals. They also know that whatever other hobbies they have can contribute to their creativity in their craft.
3. TALK WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE. They don’t just mingle with artists, they talk with different types of people- architects, scientists, waiters, lawyers, priests. They know that each person has different things to offer. They also know that weak ties are important in expanding one’s career. Successful people find time to squeeze socialization in their free time. And while they’re at it, they make sure they apply these personality development tips so they’re more likable than annoying.
4. HAVE DATES. Because they know the importance of #3, they have dinner or snack or lunches with people. They pay for these dates! They know that building relationships is important not only to improve their careers but it is also crucial for one’s well-being.
5. VOLUNTEER. Successful people know the importance of volunteerism. For them, it’s definitely more fulfilling than watching TV all day, and they will learn a lot and meet a lot of people.
6. STARE AT THE SKY AND COME UP WITH CRAZY IDEAS. I don’t mean crazy as in the destructive kind, I mean the good kind of crazy that could potentially change your life forever. This is how OK Go did it (read this: Lessons We Can Learn from OK Go). Successful artists know this is very important. Some of the greatest ideas come while you’re staring at the sky, washing the plates, taking a shower. They doo not underestimate those moments. They let your mind float and play with ideas.
Do you have anything to add to this list? What do you do during breaks that have that have been useful to your career?
Unified Manufacturing is an L.A. -based one-stop-shop that offers very affordable CD/DVD/USB replication, custom printing, promotional products, warehousing and fulfillment and many more. If you need an Instant Quote on a project and you want FREE SHIPPING, simply CLICK HERE.